Monday 2 February 2009

Wii Gesture Project - "Wii Swing To Music"

OK, this is a pretty big step up in the versions, so I'm going to stop giving releases a version number or we'll be up in the hundreds before too long I shouldn't wonder...

What would have been version 5 was the application's ability to recognise simple gestures. Whenever a gesture was recognised, the application played a lightsaber sound (yeh, I know, too tempting right?)

Now (for technically version 6) the application has morphed into a simple game - just for the purposes of demostration - where the player has to make the correct gesture displayed on the screen within a certain amount of time. All this is happening in time to a piece of music, so the general idea is that the player should wave the Wii Remote in the correct directions in time with the music...

...and it 'kind of' works!

Anyway, take a look at the video below. There isn't any audio present at the moment due to some syncing problems I had with the screen recorder, so at some point my trusty camera will come out again and I'll have to film myself playing it...! For the time being, picture it being played to Lady Gaga's 'Just Dance'.



Higher quality video available here...

That's all for the moment.... Over n out...

No comments: